Sunday, May 03, 2009

The time has come

OK, its arrived! My birthday that is - woe is me!

At least I can play with my monkey and so can you, just touch it, go on...



Although a word of warning be careful what you wish for!

I looked at myself long and hard and realized it's ME I don't like (shock, horror)!
Not the inner me, but the outerside. So I am going to change that.
I currently weigh too much - 16 stone (102 kgs) - which means I'm clinically obese (sobs in a corner).
When I was fighting about 10 years ago my weight was 92kg (still too heavy), I was the lightest heavyweight, which meant I moved faster than they did but they hit harder, and I would have to fight some huge men (as anything over 90kg was open weight).

The best weight I have been is 13.5 stone at this I looked and felt good - although the doctors claim 11.5 stone is my optimum. I personally know that just wouldn't suit me or my body type.
I'm a endomorph - that means I will always be big - I can accept that, but the medical charts we still refer to are over 60 years old now, they need updating.

So I will start a program to get fitter and healthier and I will keep my loyal readers informed as to how it is progressing on a monthly basis. When I used to work as a personal trainer I would design a 12 weeks program, then change it to keep the body working hard and not plateauing as it gets used to the requirements of the exercises.

So my wish for this birthday is a simply one - by next year to weigh less and look and feel better than this year.

7 comments:

becomingkate said...

Happy Birthday!

Xanadu said...

LOVE the little monkey...AWWW! So, since I'm in the US, and we are on a different date, is your birthday May 3 or May 4?

I didn't know you were a fighter. Interesting. It's great that you are planning this exercise thing on your birthday, as opposed to New Year's Day, when everyone turns over a new leaf to last, maybe, a week or so? Ha. Good luck! Hugs.

Xanadu said...

My other comment must have gotten 'lost'. First of all, Happy Birthday! Secondly, is your birthday the 3rd, 4th, or 5th? We are on different days, so I don't know. lol. Hope your birthday was great. Hugs.

Dade F said...

Xanadu its the 4th of May - Star wars birthday

MAY THE 4th BE WITH YOU! lol.

Lou said...

Happy birthday Dade hope you had a great day.

Lou said...

Check out my latest post :-)

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Happy Birthday Dude! Your monkey is very cute!
Good luck with the weight battle!

Post a Comment

 
© Dade Freeman 2006-2010. Powered by Blogger